Clinical Nurse Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced clinical nurse specialist to optimize patient care at our facility. In this role, you will be responsible for treating patients and consulting with patients and their families. You are also required to supervise and train our nursing staff and assist with the daily administration of our facility.
To ensure success, clinical nurse specialist should prove themselves capable of performing a diverse range of specialized nursing duties. Top-notch candidates provide advanced and cost-effective patient care by expertly coordinating available resources.
Clinical Nurse Specialist Responsibilities:
- Optimizing patient care by supervising nursing staff.
- Performing health assessments and developing specialized treatment plans.
- Developing nursing practices, policies, and procedures.
- Considering differential diagnoses and making clinical recommendations.
- Administring medication and treatment in consultations with patient care managers.
- Identifying training needs and facilitating training for nursing students and staff.
- Allocating staff and resources to where they are needed.
- Consulting with patients and their families on how to best manage their conditions.
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in nursing practice and contributing to medical research.
Clinical Nurse Specialist Requirements:
- Master of Science in Nursing Degree (MSN), or a related doctorate degree.
- Obtained a pass-score in the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)-certified CNS, toward training nursing staff.
- State-approved licensing to practice as a licensed and registered nurse.
- Extensive experience as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising staff, administration, and managing resources.
- Ability to identify and facilitate educational programs or in-service training sessions.
- Extensive knowledge of best nursing practices and standards.
- In-depth knowledge of medical research and advancements in the field of nursing.
- Excellent interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.