Interview Questions for Nurse Managers:
1. Can you describe a time when you implemented a new program of study?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative thinking skills as well as current knowledge of clinical nursing practices and procedures.
2. Have you experienced a time when you were unable to train clinical nursing staff in the use of a new piece of equipment?
Look for candidates who can acknowledge short-comings and demonstrate a willingness to keep current with new technologies.
3. What process do you follow after you learn that a staff member violated hospital policy?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of hospital processes and ability to discipline staff members accordingly.
4. What has been your most stressful experience? How did you cope with it?
Reveals how the candidate handles stress.
5. Describe how you organize and prioritize your work.
Demonstrates organizational and time-management skills.