Interview Questions for Charge Nurses
1. Describe a time when you had to handle a high-pressure situation. How did you deal with it?
Tests perseverance and problem-solving skills.
2. Describe how you organize and prioritize your work.
Demonstrates organizational and time-management skills.
3. What is your definition of compassionate care and how do you deliver it?
Shows interpersonal skills.
4. Describe a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty.
Tests the candidate’s dedication and ability to handle the pressure.
5. Tell me about a time when you successfully mentored a colleague.
Shows communication and diplomacy skills.