Nursing Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized nursing supervisor to train and supervise nursing staff in our healthcare facility. The nursing supervisor is also responsible for managing department budgets, listening to patients' complaints, and assigning nurses to shifts.
To be successful as a nursing supervisor you must have excellent time management skills. A good nursing supervisor can multitask under pressure while remaining friendly and professional.
Nursing Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Hire and train staff members.
- Supervise nursing staff.
- Manage funds assigned to the department.
- Monitor department resources and order the necessary equipment.
- Discipline staff members.
- Assign nurses to shifts.
Nursing Supervisor Requirements:
- A master of science in nursing.
- At least 5 years' experience in nursing.
- A valid nursing license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to discipline staff.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills.