Director of Nursing Job Description Template
Our healthcare facility is on the hunt for a qualified director of nursing to lead and oversee our nursing department. As director of nursing, your central goal will be to develop a collaborative and efficient workplace with specific attention to quality patient care.
You will perform a range of duties including maintaining department budgets, setting long-term goals, and overseeing record-keeping processes. The ideal candidate for this position has proven experience in a nursing leadership role, outstanding organizational skills, and in-depth knowledge of healthcare industry policies.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Managing and leading all nursing personnel operations.
- Developing short and long-term goals for the entire nursing department.
- Establishing new policies and updating existing policies to improve the standard of care for patients.
- Planning and overseeing admission, nursing, and patient care processes.
- Maintaining department budgets and recording all expenses.
- Responding to any nursing-related issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with medical staff and other departments to ensure hospital efficiency.
- Overseeing all record-keeping processes and ensuring all necessary documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Hiring and training new nursing staff members.
- Evaluating staff performance and preparing accurate reports detailing your findings.
Director of Nursing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, healthcare administration, or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of legal policies and regulations in the healthcare industry.
- Certified nursing and CPR qualifications.
- Aptitude for problem-solving.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.