Directors of Nursing (DON) lead and supervise the nursing staff of a healthcare facility. They work in nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and hospitals. Their main goal is to ensure the nursing department runs smoothly by preparing budgets, overseeing admissions processes, and setting policies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Director of Nursing Interview Questions:
1. What process do you follow after you learn that a staff member violated hospital policy?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of hospital processes.
2. Can you describe your method for effective team building?
Demonstrates the candidate’s leadership abilities.
3. If two of your nurses failed to show up for work, how would you ensure patient care standards remain the same?
Highlights the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
4. How would you handle an aggravated patient?
Tests the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. How do you ensure all medical records are kept confidential?
Reveals the candidate’s experience working with confidential records.