Interview Questions for Clinical Nurse Specialists:
1. What experience do you have that makes you a suitable clinical nurse specialist?
Tests the candidate's understanding of the role and their overall suitability.
2. Describe a time when you saw hygiene problems at your facility. What did you do?
Assesses the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills, and their ability to give direction.
3. Can you describe a training session you routinely arrange for student nurses?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and ability to facilitate suitable training opportunities.
4. A doctor ignores a plausible differential diagnosis you offer, what do you do?
Reveals whether the candidate is able to act in the patients' best interests, despite the possibility of conflict.
5. Can you tell me about your research contributions to the medical field?
Provides insight into the candidate's research experience, and also demonstrates their interests and knowledge.