Clinical Nurse Specialists are nursing specialists who oversee the nursing staff and ensure quality patient care.
When interviewing Clinical Nurse Specialists, look for highly qualified candidates with extensive experience in managing resources at a medical facility. Be wary of those who do not keep up with developments in the field of nursing, and those who lack the ability to facilitate staff development and training initiatives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Clinical Nurse Specialists:
1. What experience do you have that makes you a suitable Clinical Nurse Specialist?
Tests the candidate's understanding of the role and their overall suitability.
2. Describe a time when you saw hygiene problems at your facility. What did you do?
Assesses the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills, and their ability to give direction.
3. Can you describe a training session you routinely arrange for student nurses?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and their ability to facilitate suitable training opportunities.
4. A doctor ignores a plausible differential diagnosis you offer, what do you do?
Reveals whether the candidate is able to act in the patients' best interests, despite the possibility of conflict.
5. Can you tell me about your research contributions to the medical field?
Provides insight into the candidate's research experience, and also demonstrates their interests and knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources