Nursery Managers are horticultural specialists who oversee the daily functions of a nursery. They manage stock levels, train staff, and ensure the smooth running of the business.
When interviewing Nursery Managers, suitable candidates will have advanced knowledge of horticulture and agronomy, excellent managerial skills, and a passion for customer service. Be wary of candidates who display poor interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Nursery Managers:
1. What made you want to work as a Nursery Manager?
Reveals the candidate’s nature and highlights relevant skills.
2. What should you do if you are expecting a particularly cold bout of weather?
Tests the candidate’s knowledge of proper plant care.
3. How would you motivate your employees to maintain excellent customer service?
Demonstrates the candidate’s motivational and managerial skills.
4. How would you deal with an angry customer who wants to return a dead plant?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. How do you boost sales in winter, when the nursery has lower traffic?
Reveals creativity, problems solving skills, and knowledge of consumer trends.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources