Arborists are landscapers who specialize in planting, maintaining, and removing trees or woody plants. Arborists use their physical climbing skills and knowledge of soil and tree biology to grow and maintain trees for landscaping companies, private clients or government organizations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Arborist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Arborist to plant and maintain trees for our clients. As an Arborist, you will be responsible for consulting with clients on their landscaping needs, planting new trees, maintaining and pruning trees, and removing dead or unwanted trees. You may also be required to monitor and maintain soil conditions, treat diseased trees, and apply pesticides.
To ensure success as an Arborist you should have in-depth knowledge of soil and tree biology, a good understanding of tree anatomy, and the physical strength to climb and cut tree limbs. A top-notch Arborist maintains the health and attractiveness of a tree to meet the customer's needs.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their landscaping needs.
- Assessing soil and space requirements for new trees.
- Planting new trees or woody plants.
- Identifying and treating diseased trees.
- Trimming tree branches and pruning trees.
- Testing and maintaining soil conditions.
- Applying specialized tree fertilizers.
- Applying pesticides if necessary.
- Removing dead or unwanted trees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Botany, Biology, or Horticulture.
- Proven work experience as an Arborist.
- Advanced knowledge of tree biology and tree anatomy.
- Knowledge of soil biology and fertilizer compositions.
- Familiarity with climbing equipment.
- Ability to operate handsaws and mechanical devices.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Good communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources