Nursery Managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a nursery. These horticultural specialists hire and train nursery workers, grow plants, create displays, respond to customer queries, and manage stock levels.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Nursery Manager Job Description Template
We are seeking an experienced Nursery Manager to run our nursery business. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing all managerial functions including hiring and training staff, ordering stock, managing accounts, and responding to customer queries. You will also be required to grow and maintain, trees, shrubs, and flowers.
To ensure success as a Nursery Manager, you should have in-depth knowledge of horticulture, excellent managerial skills, and a passion for customer service. Ultimately, a top-class Nursery Manger should be able to maintain a healthy nursery ecosystem and ensure the success of the business.
Nursery Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and improving the daily functions of the nursery.
- Opening the nursery in the morning and closing at the end of the business day.
- Hiring and training nursery staff.
- Creating staff work rosters and delegating duties.
- Ordering nursery stock including soil, stones, fertilizers, shrubs, plants, and trees.
- Growing plants, trees, and shrubs to use as stock.
- Monitoring watering times, soil conditions, and plant positions.
- Monitoring weather conditions and paying special attention to hot or cold temperatures.
- Creating attractive garden and plant displays.
- Responding to customer requests and assisting the nursery staff.
Nursery Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Studies, Horticulture, or a similar field.
- 3+ Years’ experience working as a Nursery Manager.
- Excellent communication and managerial skills.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Detailed knowledge of plant production, soil, fertilizers, and growing techniques.
- Experience with hiring and training staff.
- Ability to create work rosters and delegate duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for customer service.
- Responsible and punctual.
- Familiarity with POS and stock ordering software systems.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources