Unit Secretary Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized unit secretary to assist with clerical tasks in our healthcare facility. The unit secretary is responsible for answering phone calls, validating patients' payments and admitting patients to the facility.
To be successful as a unit secretary you must have excellent interpersonal and administrative skills. A good unit secretary can multitask and manage their time effectively.
Unit Secretary Responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls.
- Bill patients and validate payment methods.
- Update patients' information on the computer system.
- Schedule appointments.
- File paperwork.
- Administer and maintain patient records.
- Order office and medical supplies.
Unit Secretary Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A health unit secretary certificate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency with medical software.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Prior experience in an administrative role.
- Knowledge of medical laws and protocols regarding confidential patient information.