Therapist Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate therapist to work with patients, identifying mental health issues and either treating these issues or referring patients to other professionals. You should also be able to work with patients' families where necessary.
To be successful as a therapist, you should have excellent interpersonal skills and show empathy while remaining professional. A good therapist identifies mental health issues and recommends the best course of action for the individual's needs.
- Assess patients and diagnose mental health issues.
- Create a treatment plan for patients based on the needs of the individual.
- Refer patients to other healthcare professionals if necessary.
- Work with families or couples to administer family or marital counseling.
- A master's degree in psychology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep patient information confidential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Empathy for patients.