Also known as a Mental Health Tech or Psychiatric Aide, Mental Health Technicians support mental healthcare professionals in hospitals, private institutions or patient residences. Mental Health Technicians observe and report information about the patient's behavior, mood, and wellbeing.
Mental Health Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient and empathetic Mental Health Technician to be responsible for monitoring patients' wellbeing, providing support to doctors by creating reports about patient progress and assisting patients with tasks that they are struggling to do on their own. You should be able to remain professional under pressure and keep all personal information about patients confidential.
To be successful as a Mental Health Technician, you should be emotionally stable and have a positive attitude. A great Mental Health Technician supports patients in an empathetic but respectful and professional way.
Mental Health Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensure the comfort of patients during and between treatments.
- Bathe, dress and/or feed patients based on individual abilities.
- Provide transport to and from treatments.
- Measure vital signs and take samples of urine, stool or sputum as needed by the healthcare provider.
- Track any behavioral changes in patients that may be of use to healthcare providers.
Mental Health Technician Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mental Health Technology or a related field would be advantageous.
- Ability to remain professional and respectful when assisting stressed patients.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- A valid driver's license and access to a vehicle would be beneficial.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources