Counseling Psychologists are mental health practitioners who specialize in treating patients with emotional crises, stress, anxiety and behavioral disorders. Their primary responsibilities include offering patient consultations and implementing individualized psychological treatment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Counseling Psychologist Job Description Template
We are looking for emotionally sensitive candidates with excellent problem-solving skills who are committed to helping people better their lives. The responsibilities of a Counseling Psychologist include listening to patients and identifying their core problems, building strong, long-term relationships based on trust and monitoring patient response to treatment over time, among other duties.
Counseling Psychologists should be expert problem solvers with good diagnostic skills. This requires a highly analytical mindset and the ability to understand people on a psychoanalytic level.
Counseling Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Scheduling patient consultations.
- Assessing patients and identifying their problems.
- Engaging in discussion with patients and making them feel comfortable.
- Implementing individualized treatment programs.
- Undertaking psychometric testing.
- Evaluating patient responses to treatment over time.
- Organizing a long-term counseling plan that involves multiple visits.
- Offering services to all age groups.
- Offering both one-on-one and group counseling.
- Keeping a detailed account of patient mental health history.
- Being patient and building relationships based on trust.
Counseling Psychologist Requirements:
- Doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology.
- Attainment of a state license in Counseling Psychology.
- Good observational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Empathy and sensitivity when dealing with patients.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills.