Psychologist Job Description
We are seeking a dedicated psychologist to join our practice. You will be responsible for talking with clients in psychotherapy sessions, conducting assessments and tests, diagnosing any issues, and developing strategies and treatments to overcome them.
To be successful as a psychologist, you should be an expert listener who is easy to talk to, and trustworthy. Top candidates will be people with a great passion for this field, keeping up to date with all the latest research developments.
- Using psychotherapy to improve the quality of life for individuals, groups, and families.
- Testing and assessing patients for indications of mental health disorders.
- Developing treatment plans and strategies to help patients.
- Supporting patients who have experienced traumatic life events.
- Providing ongoing care and evaluation to patients with long-term difficulties.
- Referring patients to other specialists or doctors as needed.
- Helping patients to set realistic goals and monitoring their progress.
- Keeping up to date with, and potentially participating in, new research in psychology.
- Doctorate in psychology.
- Relevant state license and board certification.
- Experience working as a psychologist.
- Strong listening, observation, and communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Empathy and sensitivity when working with patients.
- Expert diagnostic skills.