The Detroit News Jobs
From $349.00 /post.
Applicant tracking system
Resume database search
Phone, online chat.
The Detroit News Jobs provides local employers with quick and easy access to a fully-equipped job board. Hosted by The Detroit News, a reputable newspaper with great city-wide exposure, the platform boasts everything from applicant tracking and job distribution to social media promotion and print advertising.
While the platform is not a traditional job board, with employers having to create and manage their own job board, it still manages to provide employers with competitively priced plans and targeted hiring.
- Plans include job distribution to over 30 reputable job posting sites, and vacancies are advertised to Jobcase's community.
- The platform features more advanced tools, such as MaxRecruit and candidate ratings.
- Job advertisements are posted to the newspaper's Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Employers also have access to job ad reporting and custom application source support.
- The Detroit News Jobs provides unlimited user logins.
- With the Premium plan, employers gain access to a vast veterans hiring network.
- Employers can opt to post job advertisements online and in print, increasing exposure.
- The platform's social media sharing options are not included in the Basic plan.
- There is no free plan or free trial available.
- The Detroit News Jobs does not operate as a traditional job board.
- Social media sharing is limited to Facebook and Instagram, with Twitter and LinkedIn costing an additional $100.00 per post.
We were unable to find online reviews of The Detroit News Jobs.
Add-On: Facebook Basic Campaign
How to Post a Job on The Detroit News Jobs:
Five easy steps for posting a job on The Detroit News Jobs.
Posting a job on The Detroit News Jobs.
Navigate to The Detroit News' jobs portal.
Go to The Detroit News home page and scroll down to the bottom page menu. Here, click on "Jobs" underneath the "Our Partners" heading. This should redirect you to the official jobs portal.
Click on "Post a Job."
On the following page, click on the blue button that reads "Post a Job."
Choose a job posting plan.
Read through the different features listed in each plan. When you're ready, choose your ideal package by clicking on "Purchase now" beneath the pricing.
A pop-up window will appear next. Here, enter your email address and click on "Continue."
Add the job details.
Fill in the job details form with the relevant information, including a job description, location, contract type, and company address. When you're ready to proceed, click on "Continue."
On the following page, confirm your order details are correct and click on "Continue."
Complete the payment and post your job.
Fill in the billing and credit card details forms and click on "Post Job."
Once the payment has been processed, your job ad will be published on the job board.
The Detroit News Jobs vs. Pure Michigan Talent Connect:
The distinction between The Detroit News Jobs and Pure Michigan Talent Connect is the two competitors' reach, with the latter offering statewide exposure. With Pure Michigan Talent Connect, pricing is not available but employers enjoy standard features. Comparatively, The Detroit News Jobs charges $349.00 per post, and it has more robust features.
The Detroit News Jobs vs. Jobing.com:
The Detroit News Jobs and Jobing.com differ in pricing, with the latter costing $150.00 more. However, while Jobing.com's $499.00 plan is costlier, it does provide access to advanced tools and a Detroit jobs portal. That said, the former's pricing starts at $349.00 per post, and its plans are fully equipped, making it the more worthwhile choice.
The Detroit News Jobs vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder stands out as the more affordable option, thanks to its $299.00 per post price tag and excellent reach across the U.S. However, for a more targeted strategy, The Detroit News Jobs online posting options are the ideal choice. While the platform's prices start at $349.00 per post, it includes robust tools, such as applicant tracking.