Tax Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-orientated tax specialist to be responsible for tax-related tasks. The tax specialist's responsibilities include preparing all tax compliance, assisting in audits, and responding to tax correspondence.
To be successful as a tax specialist, you should be up-to-date with the latest technologies which assist in accounting duties, have an understanding of big data systems, and good communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch tax specialist should have strong analytical skills, pay attention to detail, and the ability to manage your time efficiently.
Tax Specialist Responsibilities:
- Researching tax laws.
- Assisting in IRS and state audits.
- Gathering information and explaining options for best practice to clients.
- Preparing quarterly and annual tax compliance.
- Preparing federal and state income tax.
- Ensuring that tax returns are filed in accordance with tax authorities.
Tax Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in accounting, finance, or similar.
- Proven experience as a tax accountant, tax analyst, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of accounting laws and procedures.
- Computer literacy in accounting software.
- Good numerical skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- Outstanding analytical skills.