A Tax Specialist is in charge of quarterly and annual federal tax and international tax compliance. Tax Specialists assist in preparing quarterly and annual tax provisions and performing tax accounting duties.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tax Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-orientated Tax Specialist to be responsible for tax-related tasks. The Tax Specialist's responsibilities include preparing all tax compliance, assisting in audits, and responding to tax correspondence.
To be successful as a Tax Specialist, you should be up-to-date with the latest technologies which assist in accounting duties, have an understanding of big data systems, and good communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Tax Specialist should have strong analytical skills, pay attention to detail, and the ability to manage your time efficiently.
Tax Specialist Responsibilities:
- Researching tax laws.
- Assisting in IRS and state audits.
- Gathering information and explaining options for best practice to clients.
- Preparing quarterly and annual tax compliance.
- Preparing federal and state income tax.
- Ensuring that tax returns are filed in accordance with tax authorities.
Tax Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Proven experience as a Tax Accountant, Tax Analyst, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of accounting laws and procedures.
- Computer literacy in accounting software.
- Good numerical skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources