Interview Questions for Tax Associates:
1. Can you describe the process you go through when meeting a new client?
Demonstrates consulting experience and how the candidate determines a client's tax requirements.
2. What tax reduction strategies do you use?
Shows how the candidate works to minimize their client's tax liabilities.
3. Can you describe some of the tax research projects you have completed?
Reveals training and work experience.
4. Have you ever had to deal with an angry client?
Demonstrates customer service skills.
5. What accounting and tax preparation software have you worked with?
Shows the candidate's familiarity with relevant software programs.