A Tax Accountant is responsible for assisting clients and companies with their financial and income tax statements. These qualified professionals research, study and interpret tax law. Their work includes preparing payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tax Accountant Job Description Template:
Our company is currently searching for a detail-oriented and qualified Tax Account to prepare our tax payments and returns. As the Tax Accountant, your chief goal will be to recommend effective tax strategies that comply with laws and promote our company’s financial well-being. Your responsibilities will include preparing tax returns, analyzing tax regulations, monitoring industry trends, and completing tax reports.
To excel in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of accounting procedures and time management skills, as you’ll have to ensure our company meets strict deadlines. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate keen attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
Tax Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure you comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
Tax Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Tax Accountant or similar role.
- Good understanding of MS Office and accounting software.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.