Also known as Tax Specialists, Tax Associates prepare tax returns for companies, partnerships, and individuals, and ensure their clients comply with state and federal tax regulations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Tax Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a detail-oriented Tax Associate to consult with clients and provide tax preparation services. The Tax Associate will report to a Senior Tax Professional. The Tax Associate's responsibilities include interacting with clients, obtaining and reviewing tax information, preparing tax returns, and performing tax research projects.
To be successful as a Tax Associate you should be able to ensure your clients comply with IRS regulations and work to minimize their tax liabilities.
Tax Associate Responsibilities:
- Ensuring clients comply with IRS regulations and meet their state and federal tax obligations.
- Analyzing and minimizing tax liabilities by implementing tax reduction strategies.
- Reviewing financial records, income statements, and expenditures.
- Preparing and filing tax returns and work papers for companies, partnerships, and individuals.
- Researching tax issues and assisting with tax audits.
- Consulting with clients, reviewing their tax information, and responding to questions and concerns.
- Advising clients on employee health care benefits, compensation, and accounting systems.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date client records.
Tax Associate Requirements:
- Degree in taxation or accounting required.
- CPA certification may be required.
- 1+ years of tax preparation experience.
- Experience using tax preparation software and applications.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent accounting skills.
- Good customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources