Accounting Specialists use receipts and other documents to verify and process transactions, record and analyze financial information, communicate with lenders, clients, and suppliers, and assist with daily, monthly, and yearly accounting activities and projects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Accounting Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented Accounting Specialist to The Accounting Specialist will analyze information, maintain complete and accurate records, assist with routine accounting duties, and provide prompt, courteous responses to inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, and lenders. You should also be a skilled researcher and possess strong communication and computer skills.
To succeed as an Accounting Specialist, you should be committed to providing efficient, reliable support to accounting department members, other departments, and external parties. You should be trustworthy, thorough, and courteous with excellent time management skills.
Accounting Specialist Responsibilities:
- Using documents to verify, record, and process transactions.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, invoices, receipts, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Assisting the accounting department in daily, monthly, and annual activities, including generating financial reports, developing budgets, preparing taxes, and assisting with audits and resolving discrepancies.
- Speaking with vendors and suppliers to ensure charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner.
- Communicating with clients to discuss account statuses, charges, or discrepancies.
- Participating in ongoing education opportunities to learn about industry trends and developments, current financial legislation, and company policies and procedures.
Accounting Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- More education or experience is often required.
- Understanding of accounting principles and current financial legislation.
- Exceptional time management, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Strong math and research skills.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data.