A Tax Specialist assists in preparing and filing taxes. Tax Specialists advise clients on making business decisions that will increase returns, navigate tax regulations, and assist clients on meeting tax deadlines.
When interviewing Tax Specialists, the most suitable candidate should be detail-orientated, have excellent analytical skills, and solid working knowledge of accounting disciplines and laws. Be wary of candidates who struggle with time management, and lack of interpersonal and multitasking skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Tax Specialists:
1. Can you tell us about your previous experience in this industry?
Reveals experience and industry knowledge.
2. Have you ever resolved discrepancies with the IRS for your clients?
Reveals experience with resolving IRS discrepancies and analytical skills.
3. How do you handle multiple tasks with a deadline approaching?
Demonstrates time management skills.
4. What accounting software are you familiar with?
Reveals knowledge of accounting software.
5. How do you stay up-to-date with the latest tax laws, regulations, and rules?
Demonstrates how the candidate stays up-to-date with accounting developments.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources