Supplier quality engineers review and assess manufacturing procedures, typically those of vendors who supply materials and parts for a company's product supply chain. They also review and select the best vendors to supply the necessary materials for the manufacturing process.
When interviewing supplier quality engineers, look for candidates who demonstrate an in-depth working knowledge of the technical aspects of manufacturing and engineering as well as excellent statistical analysis and quality assurance skills. Be wary of candidates who lack an understanding of quality control standards and government compliance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Supplier Quality Engineers:
1. What are the first things you look for when assessing a possible supply vendor?
Indicates the candidate's research skills and their ability to identify the best vendors.
2. What would you do if you found an entire product batch to be defective?
Shows the candidate's problem-solving skills and their willingness to send products back to the vendor while adhering to deadlines.
3. What tests would you run when assessing the quality of a product?
Demonstrates the candidate's technical knowledge and quality assurance skills.
4. How would you approach a vendor after discovering their quality was declining?
Illustrates the candidate's diplomacy and communication skills and their ability to determine when to bolster a vendor relationship and when to cut ties.
5. What kind of details would you include in a supplier quality report?
Shows the candidate's knowledge of quality control standards and government compliance, as well as their attention to detail.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources