Interview Questions for Supplier Quality Engineers:
1. What are the first things you look for when assessing a possible supply vendor?
Indicates the candidate's research skills and their ability to identify the best vendors.
2. What would you do if you found an entire product batch to be defective?
Shows the candidate's problem-solving skills and their willingness to send products back to the vendor while adhering to deadlines.
3. What tests would you run when assessing the quality of a product?
Demonstrates the candidate's technical knowledge and quality assurance skills.
4. How would you approach a vendor after discovering their quality was declining?
Illustrates the candidate's diplomacy and communication skills and their ability to determine when to bolster a vendor relationship and when to cut ties.
5. What kind of details would you include in a supplier quality report?
Shows the candidate's knowledge of quality control standards and government compliance, as well as their attention to detail.