Strategic Sourcing Analysts are responsible for overseeing and improving the supply chain operations of a business. They source, analyze and report supply chain data, track costs and logistics, and evaluate supplier performance. Their duties also include preparing industry forecasts and predicting changes to market trends.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Job Description Template
We are seeking an accomplished Strategic Sourcing Analyst to evaluate and optimize our supplier performance and logistics. As a Strategic Sourcing Analyst, your duties will include assessing the efficiency of our supply chain, scheduling projects, and analyzing cost structures. You will also be required to study competitor behavior.
To be successful in this role, you should demonstrate extensive experience in strategic sourcing and evaluating procurement metrics. Top-notch Strategic Sourcing Analysts are experts in forecasting market trends.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Analyzing and improving supply chain operations.
- Resolving day-to-day supply chain issues and promoting operational consistency.
- Evaluating procurement metrics by measuring supplier performance.
- Identifying project scopes, schedules, and costs.
- Establishing effective communication channels with customers, vendors, suppliers, and shipping companies.
- Negotiating better contracts with existing suppliers as well as sourcing new suppliers.
- Establishing risk management plans relating to procurement, logistics, and staffing.
- Projecting industry trends to implement appropriate responses and contingency measures.
- Reporting on competitive intelligence, as well as market and consumer trends.
- Ensuring compliance on import, export, and shipment regulations.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, or similar.
- Certified Master Logistician or a Master's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in strategic sourcing analysis.
- Competency in integrated supply chain management software, like Sap SCM and E2open.
- Advanced knowledge of supply chain, procurement, logistics, and warehouse management.
- Proficiency in mitigating risks by predicting future industry trends.
- In-depth knowledge of market and consumer trends that might impact supply chains and associated costs.
- Extensive knowledge of import, export, and shipping regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources