A Logistics Manager supervises the movement, distribution and storage of supplies and materials in a company. They are tasked with planning routes, analyzing budgets, and processing shipments. Also known as Supply Chain Managers, they generally form part of middle management.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Logistics Manager Job Description Template:
Our business is looking for a talented and qualified Logistics Manager to join our team. In this position, you will be responsible for all supply chain management duties including selecting carriers, researching shipping methods, assessing budgets, and organizing storage.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong attention to detail in order to oversee daily operations and logistics employees. In addition to having excellent organizational skills, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of logistics and inventory systems.
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of logistics and inventory management software.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources