Fleet Managers are logistics specialists in the transportation industry. Their primary responsibilities include purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries, registering and licensing vehicles and finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fleet Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of Fleet Manager. Fleet Managers are responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
Moreover, Fleet Managers will need to discipline drivers who are not making efficient use of their time, requiring excellent leadership and decision making skill.
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
- Deciding whether to lease or buy vehicles.
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Complying with U.S. Department of Transport laws and regulations.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behavior and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
Fleet Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Logistics or Accounting.
- 2+ years in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources