Fleet Manager Interview Questions:
1. How would you use data in your role?
Candidates should describe how they would use data to identify operational inefficiencies and cut costs, but also how they would use data to monitor driver performance and adherence to goals and objectives.
2. A driver is not managing his/her time properly. What do you do?
Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to discipline drivers who fail to meet strict guidelines. They should describe how they would ensure that drivers understand what is expected of them and take corrective action when these expectations are not met.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a fleet manager?
Candidates should list good organizational skills and leadership ability as the most essential qualities in a Fleet Manager.
4. Describe a time when you implemented new technology to solve a business problem. What did you do?
Candidates could describe how they identified new software or applications that helped improve scheduling, as an example.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their role and how oversight can lead to operational or logistical problems for the company. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error, and learned a valuable lesson from the experience.