Store Associates work in retail, assisting customers by finding items for them and ringing up purchases. Store Associates also advertise specials and order items for customers if the store is out of stock.
When interviewing Store Associates, the ideal candidate should be friendly and have excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills and no prior experience in retail.
Interview Questions for Store Associates:
1. How do you determine which products are right for your customers?
Reveals more about the sales process.
2. Describe a time when you successfully handled a customer’s complaint. How did you fix the problem?
Tests interpersonal skills.
3. Which of our current products/services is your favorite? Try to sell it to me now.
Tests sales skills.
4. How do you balance meeting sales quotas with maximizing customer satisfaction?
Shows a commitment to providing quality service.
5. Describe a time when you provided stellar customer service. What impact did this have?
Tests customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources