Also known as a Sales Associate, Store Associates work in retail stores to assist customers with purchases. The Store Associate locates stock, provides information about items and rings up purchases.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Store Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a friendly Store Associate to greet customers and assist them with their shopping needs. The Store Associate is responsible for finding items in the store, providing information about specials and ordering stock for customers if necessary.
To be successful as a Store Associate you must have excellent interpersonal skills. A great Store Associate balances customer satisfaction with meeting sales objectives.
Store Associate Responsibilities:
- Greet customers.
- Find items for customers.
- Provide information about products or current specials.
- Ring up purchases.
- Elevate complaints to management.
- Keep the storeroom organized and tidy.
- Ensure that items are priced and labeled correctly.
- Order items for customers.
Store Associate Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Prior experience in retail.
- A degree in business management, commerce or a related field would be advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible work hours.
- Ability to stay motivated during busy shifts.
- Basic mathematic skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources