Sales Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for an energetic and customer service-oriented sales clerk to work in our store. The sales clerk is responsible for packing shelves, ringing up items for customers and keeping track of inventory.
To be successful as a sales clerk you must have excellent interpersonal skills. A good sales clerk is patient and professional with customers at all times.
Sales Clerk Responsibilities:
- Greet customers.
- Answer customers' questions.
- Locate items for customers.
- Monitor inventory.
- Ring up items for customers.
- Elevate feedback from customers to management.
Sales Clerk Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to remain calm with difficult customers.
- Prior experience in retail.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexible work hours.