Stock Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for an energetic and friendly stock clerk to join our team to assist with warehouse and retail stock activities. In this role, you will be tasked with ensuring that stock is managed effectively and efficiently, and will take part in receiving, managing, moving, and placing stock in our stores and storage facilities.
Successful stock clerks should be physically fit with strong attention to detail and a good work ethic. Top-notch stock clerks should have warehouse and retail experience and be knowledgeable about record keeping, inventory management, and safety guidelines.
Stock Clerk Responsibilities:
- Receiving goods from suppliers.
- Assisting in checking the correctness and condition of deliveries.
- Verifying the contents of consignments.
- Transferring stock inside the warehouse.
- Labelling items for pricing, storage, and transfer.
- Assisting with stock-taking activities.
- Notifying supervisors and managers of inventory levels.
- Packing items for storage and retail display.
- Supporting the warehouse manager in the course of their duties.
- Following state and federal safety standards.
Stock Clerk Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of experience in a warehouse or retail environment is preferred.
- An understanding of terminology, such as receiving, inventory, and shelving.
- Basic knowledge of using an ERP system may be beneficial.
- Excellent customer service abilities.
- A friendly and hard-working disposition.
- Punctual with good time management skills.
- Ability to spend long shifts on your feet, perform physical labor, and lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Well presented appearance.