Sales Clerks, or Sales Assistants, work in retail helping customers to find and ring up items. The Sales Clerk is also responsible for repacking shelves and keeping track of inventory.
When interviewing Sales Clerks, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels and poor customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sales Clerks:
1. Describe a time when you successfully handled a customer’s complaint. How did you fix the problem?
Tests interpersonal skills.
2. When is the appropriate moment to approach a customer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s experience working with customers.
3. How do you balance meeting sales quotas with maximizing customer satisfaction?
Shows a commitment to providing quality service.
4. Describe a time when you provided stellar customer service. What impact did this have?
Tests customer service skills.
5. How would you handle an angry customer?
Tests the candidate’s customer management and interpersonal skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources