Interview Questions for Sales Clerks:
1. Describe a time when you successfully handled a customer’s complaint. How did you fix the problem?
Tests interpersonal skills.
2. When is the appropriate moment to approach a customer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s experience working with customers.
3. How do you balance meeting sales quotas with maximizing customer satisfaction?
Shows a commitment to providing quality service.
4. Describe a time when you provided stellar customer service. What impact did this have?
Tests customer service skills.
5. How would you handle an angry customer?
Tests the candidate’s customer management and interpersonal skills.