Star Tribune Workplace
From $360.00 /post.
Job board syndication
Social media promotion
Phone and email.
Star Tribune is the most popular news website in the Upper Midwest region and is a trusted source for finding talent in Minnesota. Prominent companies, such as Target, use Star Tribune Workplace to fill vacancies in the state and are attracted by multiple job posting options, candidate management tools, and various ways of boosting a listing's reach.
- The platform offers a wide range of job posting plans to appeal to small businesses and large corporations.
- Discounts on multiple job posts make it easy for large companies to hire in volume.
- Candidate management tools streamline the hiring process.
- Employers can also advertise in Star Tribune's print newspaper and other digital products for an expanded reach.
- The AdMax upgrade boosts a listing's reach with placement on popular job boards such as Indeed and ZipRecruiter.
- The TopJob upgrade gives vacancies prominence on the Star Tribune website.
- Vacancies are shared on the company's social media accounts.
- Listings can get featured on job portals that cater to diversity candidates.
- Advanced programmatic technology allows for targeted ads in precise locations.
- There are currently over 1,000 jobs listed on the site, indicating its popularity with employers in Minnesota.
- There are no free job posting options.
- There is no searchable candidate resume database.
- The job board is only useful for finding talent within Minnesota.
- Rival job board, JobsInStPaul.com, is a more affordable alternative.
- Most reviews are about their print newspaper. There is a lack of reviews for the job board.
We were unable to find any online reviews of Star Tribune Workplace.
Basic Online Job Posting
Total Web Job Posting
Job Posting Pack of 3
Job Posting Pack of 5
Job Posting Pack of 10
How to Post a Job on Star Tribune Workplace:
Eleven easy steps for posting a job on Star Tribune Workplace.
Posting a job on Star Tribune Workplace.
Go to the Star Tribune Workplace page.
Navigate to jobs.startribune.com and click on the "EMPLOYERS" button in the top-right corner of the page.
Click on "POST A JOB NOW."
The green "POST A JOB NOW" button is in the center of the page.
Create an account.
Click on the "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" button at the bottom of the pop-up box.
Fill in the form.
Add your details to the form, agree to the terms and conditions, and click on the "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" button at the end of the form.
Verify your account.
You will receive a verification email to the address you submitted in the form. Click on the link provided to verify your account, then click on the green "CONTINUE" button.
Click on the "Post a job" tab.
The "Post a job" tab is located toward the top of the page.
Choose a job posting package.
Read through each job package's description and choose the one that meets your budget and hiring needs. Click on the "POST A JOB NOW" button to select it.
Create your job ad.
Enter details including the job title, salary range, job description, and more. Click on the "SAVE AND CONTINUE" button at the bottom of the page to proceed, then click on the same button on the next page if you have no additional documents to attach.
Choose an upgrade.
If you want to, select an upgrade to boost your listing's visibility, or click on "CONTINUE TO CART" without ticking any boxes if you wish to skip this step.
Click on "CHECKOUT."
Confirm that your purchase information is accurate, then click on the "CHECKOUT" button. Click on the "PAY ONLINE" button on the following page, then select "CONTINUE TO PAYMENT" on the next page.
Pay for your order.
Fill in your billing details and click on "PAY NOW" at the bottom of the form. This concludes the process.
Star Tribune Workplace vs. JobsInStPaul.com:
Neither JobsInStPaul.com nor Star Tribune Workplace have free posting options, but both platforms have a wide range of price plans that appeal to small and large businesses. They have advanced applicant tracking tools, syndication on major nationwide job boards, and more. Only JobsInStPaul.com offers a candidate resume database.
Star Tribune Workplace vs. MinnesotaJobNetwork.com:
At $275.00 per post, MinnesotaJobNetwork.com is a more affordable alternative to Star Tribune Workplace's starting price of $360.00 per post. They share a similar range of features. Both job boards offer syndication on other job boards for maximum exposure, have various promotions for additional exposure, and share job posts on their social media channels.
Star Tribune Workplace vs. MinnesotaWorks.net:
Both MinnesotaWorks.net and Star Tribune Workplace have advanced candidate management tools, although only the former has a searchable resume database. MinnesotaWorks.net has free job posting options, while Star Tribune Workplace does not, although the latter offers better exposure with a larger audience and syndication on other job boards.