Staff writers, also known as journalists, work for publications by staying up to date with current events and writing regular articles. Staff writers are typically given a set area to cover each week or month.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Staff Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative and motivated staff writer to create engaging content for our publication. The staff writer's responsibilities include researching topics, interviewing relevant individuals, creating content, and editing your own or other writers' work.
To be successful as a staff writer, you must be able to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure. A great staff writer is able to perform accurate research and write compelling copy.
Staff Writer Responsibilities:
- Conducting research on assigned topics.
- Interviewing individuals relevant to the article.
- Writing content according to a brief.
- Attending meetings to delegate new tasks.
- Editing your own and/or coworkers' writing.
- Keeping abreast of current events.
Staff Writer Requirements:
- A degree in Journalism, Communication, or relevant field.
- A portfolio of articles written.
- Experience writing for a print or online publication.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Advanced editing skills.
- The ability to make corrections based on notes from coworkers.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources