Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, meticulous Writer to join our team. As a Writer, you will be required to create texts based on assigned material and your own research. You should be able to adhere to prescribed editorial guidelines without sacrificing creativity.
To be successful as a Writer, you should have outstanding writing, editing, and research skills. Top-performing candidates should be able to convey information in a manner that is accessible to their target audiences.
- Crafting texts that are original and well-researched.
- Adhering to stipulated editorial guidelines.
- Tailoring your writing style to meet the needs of your target audience.
- Proofreading your assignments to correct errors before submission.
- Submitting completed assignments in the requisite document format.
- Storing copies of your completed assignments.
- Liaising with staff in other departments to ensure that your content attracts maximum reader engagement.
- Pitching new content ideas that further the company's objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communication Studies, Journalism, or related field.
- Proven writing and research experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to work on multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to tailor your writing style to suit the target audience.