Writer Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, meticulous writer to join our team. As a writer, you will be required to create texts based on assigned material and your own research. You should be able to adhere to prescribed editorial guidelines without sacrificing creativity.
To be a successful writer, you should have outstanding writing, editing, and research skills. Top-performing candidates should be able to convey information in a manner that is accessible to their target audiences.
- Crafting texts that are original and well-researched.
- Adhering to stipulated editorial guidelines.
- Tailoring your writing style to meet the needs of your target audience.
- Proofreading your assignments to correct errors before submission.
- Submitting completed assignments in the requisite document format.
- Storing copies of your completed assignments.
- Liaising with staff in other departments to ensure that your content attracts maximum reader engagement.
- Pitching new content ideas that further the company's objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communication studies, journalism, or related field.
- Proven writing and research experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Advanced proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Capacity to work on multiple writing projects simultaneously.
- Ability to tailor your writing style to suit the target audience.