Interview Questions for Staff Writers
1. How do you begin doing research for an article?
Tests the candidate's ability to research a topic.
2. What is your process for finding someone to interview and preparing questions?
Shows the candidate's planning process.
3. How would you respond if you were asked to rewrite a piece entirely?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to take criticism in a professional way.
4. What is your process for fact-checking information?
Shows the candidate's ability to only provide accurate information.
5. How do you manage your deadlines?
Tests the candidate's time management skills.