Staff assistants perform employee support roles and ensure the effective running of workplaces. They fulfill administrative functions such as scheduling meetings, retrieving company data, drafting documents, and answering staff queries. They also plan work travel and itineraries, conferences and events, and help with various office-related tasks.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Staff Assistant Job Description Template
We are searching for a staff assistant to provide support and assistance for our employees and management. In this role, you will work with other administrative members to ensure that staff requests and requirements are handled and that tasks such as document organization, calendar planning, and inventory checks are completed on time.
To ensure success as a staff assistant you should be helpful, practical, and skilled at administrative tasks such as typing, communications, data entry, event organization, and office planning. A top-notch staff assistant will excel in office work, planning, and time management and be meticulous in their approach to daily business tasks.
Staff Assistant Responsibilities:
- Answering queries from staff and clients of the company.
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Organizing travel plans and itineraries for management and staff.
- Notifying staff members of important information and company policies.
- Assisting in the preparation of documents and reports.
- Updating, maintaining, and organizing employee records.
- Preparing venues for conferences or meetings.
- Planning out work-related calendars and schedules.
- Reporting any workplace issues through the appropriate channels.
- Checking and managing office inventory supplies.
Staff Assistant Requirements:
- Diploma in administration, human resources, or office management.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- Top-notch organizational and planning abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other office management programs.
- Proactive attitude and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent telephonic and email communication skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment including printers, photocopiers, shredders, and consumables.
- Knowledge of office processes such as document handling, drafting communications, and filing.
- Helpful and collaborative work ethic.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources