Speech Pathologists, also called Speech-language Pathologists or Speech Therapists, diagnose and treat speech disorders. Strong candidates will be caring, analytical, and adaptable. Avoid inattentive candidates.
Interview Questions for Speech Pathologists
1. Describe your most challenging case. Which condition were you treating and how did you approach it?
Shows ability to handle difficult cases.
2. Provide an example of a time when you successfully navigated a disagreement with a patient’s family member, doctor, or educator?
Demonstrates the ability to handle tense situations.
3. How do you inspire your patients when they’re having trouble staying motivated? Explain.
Shows ability to encourage patients.
4. Describe how you evaluate a patient’s condition and establish a treatment plan.
Reveals candidate’s assessment process.
5. What are some of the causes and treatments for common speech disorders?
Demonstrates job knowledge.
Post a Speech Pathologist job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission