Also known as Store Assistants, Retail Sales Assistants, and Sales Assistants, Shop Assistants ensure that in-store retail operations run smoothly. They help customers locate requested shop items, process payments, and provide product recommendations as required.
When interviewing Shop Assistants, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm, helpfulness, and a passion for engaging with customers. Be wary of candidates who have low energy as well as poor communication and customer service skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Shop Assistants:
1. What would you do if you noticed a customer attempting to shoplift?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills and ability to act quickly.
2. How would you best utilize your time on a particularly slow day at the shop?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, organizational skills, and commitment to the job.
3. In your experience, what is the best way of familiarizing yourself with shop items?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
4. How do you encourage repeat business?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge as well as communication and customer service skills.
5. How would you handle a customer who is upset that we no longer stock a particular product?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources