Also known as Store Assistants, Retail Sales Assistants, and Sales Assistants, Shop Assistants work in the retail industry where they are responsible for serving customers and processing sales transactions. They also restock shelves, resolve customer complaints, and ensure that the sales floor is well-maintained.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Shop Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a hard-working, customer-oriented Shop Assistant to ensure the smooth running of in-store retail operations. The Shop Assistant’s responsibilities include welcoming customers to our shop, monitoring customer activities to prevent incidents of shoplifting, arranging window displays accordingly, and processing customer refunds. You should also be able to identify customers' needs and recommend suitable shop items that best satisfy their needs.
To be successful as a Shop Assistant, you should be well-organized and adept at using pricing and labeling equipment. Ultimately, an outstanding Shop Assistant should demonstrate effective communication skills and achieve exceptional customer service at all times.
Shop Assistant Responsibilities:
- Receiving, processing, and organizing shipments and deliveries accordingly.
- Restocking depleted or low shop items and ensuring that the sales floor is organized according to established guidelines.
- Assisting customers in locating desired shop items.
- Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases.
- Performing regular price audits to identify and correct price discrepancies.
- Performing end-of-day cleaning duties, which includes wiping down windows, mirrors, and fixtures as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
- Addressing and resolving customers complaints in a professional manner.
- Processing customer payments using the shop's Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store items to provide advice and recommendations as needed.
Shop Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Proven retail sales experience.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to use labeling and pricing equipment as well as Point of Sale (POS) software.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources