Retail Sales Associates assist customers by greeting them, answering questions about stock and ringing up purchases. The Retail Sales Associate is also responsible for managing inventory and ensuring that shelves are packed neatly.
When interviewing Retail Sales Associates, the ideal candidate should be friendly and have excellent communication skills. Be wary of candidates with low energy levels and no experience with customer service.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Retail Sales Associates:
1. Describe a time when you successfully handled a customer’s complaint. How did you fix the problem?
Tests interpersonal skills.
2. When is the appropriate moment to approach a customer?
Demonstrates the candidate’s experience working with customers.
3. How do you balance meeting sales quotas with maximizing customer satisfaction?
Shows a commitment to providing quality service.
4. Describe a time when you provided stellar customer service. What impact did this have?
Tests customer service skills.
5. How would you handle an angry customer?
Tests the candidate’s customer management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources