SharePoint Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly-capable SharePoint administrator to manage our SharePoint environment. You will be configuring our Sharepoint platform, adding document libraries, and developing shared storage space and backup procedures.
To ensure success as a SharePoint administrator, you should exhibit solid knowledge of Windows operating systems and the ability to create a positive experience for end-users. An outstanding SharePoint administrator will be someone whose expertise results in smooth integration and efficient online collaboration.
SharePoint Administrator Responsibilities:
- Installing the SharePoint platform, integrating applications, and creating libraries.
- Adding users, controlling access to document libraries, and setting permissions.
- Performing maintenance of the SharePoint platform, servers, and intranet.
- Troubleshooting and resolving SharePoint issues or malfunctions.
- Providing SharePoint support and end-user training.
- Performing data retrieval and backup procedures to prevent data loss.
- Ensuring sufficient storage space by performing clean-ups and archiving data.
- Reviewing usage and activity reports and making adjustments to ensure optimized user-experiences.
- Maintaining network infrastructure, as well as managing encryption, security zones, and firewalls.
- Keeping up to date with SharePoint developments and performing version updates and upgrades.
SharePoint Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience as a SharePoint administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as SQL Server, Power BI, PowerShell, and Office 365.
- Knowledge of SharePoint tools, including ULS Logs, workflows, and SharePoint forms for tasks.
- Superb collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.