SharePoint administrators implement and oversee Microsoft's SharePoint web-based document collaboration platform. They integrate Microsoft applications to allow online collaboration, create shared storage space for files, and maintain the SharePoint platform. They are employed in various settings where SharePoint is used for online collaboration.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
SharePoint Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly-capable SharePoint administrator to manage our SharePoint environment. You will be configuring our Sharepoint platform, adding document libraries, and developing shared storage space and backup procedures.
To ensure success as a SharePoint administrator, you should exhibit solid knowledge of Windows operating systems and the ability to create a positive experience for end-users. An outstanding SharePoint administrator will be someone whose expertise results in smooth integration and efficient online collaboration.
SharePoint Administrator Responsibilities:
- Installing the SharePoint platform, integrating applications, and creating libraries.
- Adding users, controlling access to document libraries, and setting permissions.
- Performing maintenance of the SharePoint platform, servers, and intranet.
- Troubleshooting and resolving SharePoint issues or malfunctions.
- Providing SharePoint support and end-user training.
- Performing data retrieval and backup procedures to prevent data loss.
- Ensuring sufficient storage space by performing clean-ups and archiving data.
- Reviewing usage and activity reports and making adjustments to ensure optimized user-experiences.
- Maintaining network infrastructure, as well as managing encryption, security zones, and firewalls.
- Keeping up to date with SharePoint developments and performing version updates and upgrades.
SharePoint Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience as a SharePoint administrator.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, as well as SQL Server, Power BI, PowerShell, and Office 365.
- Knowledge of SharePoint tools, including ULS Logs, workflows, and SharePoint forms for tasks.
- Superb collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources