IT Administrator Job Description Template
We are seeking a results-oriented IT administrator to manage our company's computer infrastructure and supervise our IT department. You will be upgrading and installing hardware and software, performing troubleshooting to resolve IT issues, and maintaining our networks and servers.
To ensure success as an IT administrator, you should possess extensive experience in IT administration and the ability to optimize the performance of our IT infrastructure. An accomplished IT administrator will be someone whose technical expertise results in enhanced IT system efficiency across company structures.
IT Administrator Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers.
- Upgrading, installing and configuring new hardware and software to meet company objectives.
- Implementing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control.
- Performing diagnostic tests and debugging procedures to optimize computer systems.
- Documenting processes, as well as backing up and archiving data.
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures.
- Designing and implementing efficient end-user feedback and error reporting systems.
- Supervising and mentoring IT department employees, as well as providing IT support.
- Keeping up to date with advancements and best practices in IT administration.
IT Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar.
- Applicable professional qualification, such as Microsoft, Oracle, or Cisco certification.
- At least two years' experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience with IT systems, networks, and related technologies.
- Solid knowledge of best practices in IT administration and system security.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.