System Administrators, or SysAdmins, are responsible for setting up and maintaining computer systems. They ensure that computers in the company's network, especially the server, run smoothly and securely.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
System Administrator Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented, diligent System Administrator to maintain and administer our company's networked system of computers. The System Administrator's responsibilities include troubleshooting hardware, software, and networking issues, as well as ensuring that all computing operations run with optimal performance and security.
To be successful as a System Administrator, you should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. The best System Administrator will also be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism.
System Administrator Responsibilities:
- Configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system.
System Administrator Requirements:
- Relevant Degree or Diploma in Information Systems or Information Technology.
- Microsoft MCSE certification or similar.
- Past experience administering server-side technology and networked computing systems.
- Familiarity with SQL and database operations.
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines.
- Availability outside of working hours to resolve emergency issues promptly.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Patient and professional demeanor, with a can-do attitude.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources