IT Specialists play a variety of roles in support of an organization's IT systems. They install and upgrade hardware components, set up application software, administrate the network, and troubleshoot any technical issues which come up.
When interviewing IT Specialists, look for candidates with an excellent ability to diagnose and solve problems. Be wary of candidates who have poor interpersonal skills, as this role requires a lot of regular interaction with employees to successfully resolve issues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for IT Specialists:
1. A coworker's laptop is no longer able to connect to the office Wi-Fi. What steps would you take to resolve this?
Tests the candidate's diagnostic ability and problem-solving skills.
2. What is something you think non-technical computer users need to know about internet security?
Tests the candidate's ability to educate a non-technical audience.
3. What network administration software are you familiar with?
Tests the candidate's experience with network administration.
4. Which steps would you take to integrate cloud storage into our infrastructure?
Tests the candidate's knowledge, and their ability to communicate with management to find out what the company's requirements are.
5. How do you manage multiple support requests received within a short span of time?
Tests the candidate's ability to prioritize different tasks.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources