IT Support Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable IT support specialist to provide technical assistance to our staff. In this role, your duties will include ensuring optimal use of our hardware and software technologies, enhancing system performance, and securing data. You will also be required to advise on IT equipment upgrades.
To ensure success as an IT support specialist, you should possess extensive experience in providing information technology support in a fast-paced environment. Top-notch IT support specialists contribute to increased productivity by ensuring that company IT systems run efficiently.
IT Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Consulting with IT managers and other departments as required.
- Providing IT assistance to staff and customers.
- Training end-users on hardware functionality and software programs.
- Resolving logged errors in a timely manner.
- Monitoring hardware, software, and system performance metrics.
- Updating computer software. as well as upgrading hardware and systems.
- Maintaining databases and ensuring system security.
- Documenting processes and performing diagnostic tests.
- Keeping track of technological advancements and trends in IT support.
IT Support Specialist Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience as an IT support specialist.
- Exceptional ability to provide technical support and resolve queries.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks.
- Ability to determine IT needs and train end-users.
- Proficiency in IT helpdesk software, such as Freshservice and SysAid.
- Experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Advanced knowledge of database maintenance and system security.
- Ability to keep up with technical innovation and trends in IT support.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.