Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled technical support engineer to assist our clients with all IT and technical-related issues. You will be required to respond to report tickets and assist clients via remote access or on-site. This may include installing hardware and software systems, diagnosing networking issues, installing upgrades, and resolving IT issues.
To ensure success as a technical support engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of IT systems, high-level communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Ultimately, a top-class technical support engineer provides valuable IT assistance and support while maintaining strong customer relations.
Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responding to technical support tickets.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the technical or IT issue.
- Linking to clients' computers via remote access.
- Traveling to clients' office or server location.
- Installing new hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware, networking, and software issues.
- Proposing simple and effective solutions.
- Providing basic software training.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Completing job reports.
Technical Support Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology.
- Previous work experience as a technical support engineer or desktop support engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and networking systems.
- Knowledge of operating systems, web services, and API.
- Knowledge of remote access systems such as TeamViewer.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Good interpersonal skills.