Technical Support Engineers, also known as IT Support Engineers, provide first-hand technical support for clients experiencing desktop and IT-related issues. They are responsible for installing new computer systems, resolving hardware issues, upgrading software, troubleshooting network systems, and providing general IT support.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Technical Support Engineer to assist our clients with all IT and technical related issues. You will be required to respond to report tickets and assist clients via remote access or on site. This may include installing hardware and software systems, diagnosing networking issues, installing upgrades, and resolving IT issues.
To ensure success as a Technical Support Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of IT systems, high-level communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Ultimately, a top-class Technical Support Engineer provides valuable IT assistance and support while maintaining strong customer relations.
Technical Support Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responding to technical support tickets.
- Contacting clients to find out the nature of the technical or IT issue.
- Linking to clients' computers via remote access.
- Traveling to clients' office or server location.
- Installing new hardware, software, and networking systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware, networking, and software issues.
- Proposing simple and effective solutions.
- Providing basic software training.
- Maintaining good client relations.
- Completing job reports.
Technical Support Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Previous work experience as Technical Support Engineer or Desktop Support Engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and networking systems.
- Knowledge of operating systems, web services, and API.
- Knowledge of remote access systems such as TeamViewer.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinker.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources