Technical Support Engineers are responsible for providing high-level technical and IT support for business clients. They assist clients with the installation of computer hardware and software systems, troubleshoot IT or desktop issues, and provide basic software training.
When interviewing Technical Support Engineers, the ideal candidate will have advanced knowledge of hardware and software systems, excellent communication skills, and the ability to resolve problems via remote connection. Be wary of candidates with poor interpersonal skills and those who are unable to manage their time effectively.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Technical Support Engineers:
1. Why did you want to work in Technical Support?
Indicates a passion for the industry and essential interpersonal skills.
2. What systems do you use to diagnose software and hardware errors?
Reveals the candidate’s analytical and diagnostic skills.
3. How do you manage your workload for the day?
Demonstrates the candidate’s time management skills.
4. How would you maintain strong customer relations even when you disagree with the client’s methods?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Can you tell me about a time when you resolved a complex IT issue for a client?
Reveals more about the candidate’s skills and previous work experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources