Interview Questions for IT Support Specialists:
1. A client's desktop pc fails to boot. Can you tell me your troubleshooting steps?
Determines the candidate's knowledge and experience in dealing with common IT issues.
2. Can you describe a time when you resolved a challenging IT-issue?
Assesses the candidate's experience and whether the scenario described is appropriate to the role.
3. Which IT error tracking system do you find most useful? Why?
Reveals the candidate's experience and knowledge of suitable error logging software.
4. You need to resolve an IP address conflict. How do you proceed?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving skills and whether they propose appropriate steps.
5. What software training have you provided for end-users in the past?
Evaluates the candidate's experience, as well as their insight into the need for such training.