Also known as Technical Support Engineers, IT Support Specialists enable organizations' staff to make optimal use of computer hardware and software solutions. They provide IT training, resolve technical queries, and enhance hardware, software, and network functionality.
When interviewing IT Support Specialists, look for candidates with extensive experience in providing IT support, combined with in-depth knowledge of IT-reliant environments. Be wary of candidates who lack problem-solving abilities and those with limited communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for IT Support Specialists:
1. A client's desktop pc fails to boot. Can you tell me your troubleshooting steps?
Determines the candidate's knowledge and experience in dealing with common IT issues.
2. Can you describe a time when you resolved a challenging IT-issue?
Assesses the candidate's experience and whether the scenario described is appropriate to the role.
3. Which IT error tracking system do you find most useful? Why?
Reveals the candidate's experience and their knowledge of suitable error logging software.
4. You need to resolve an IP address conflict. How do you proceed?
Highlights the candidate's problem-solving skills and whether they propose appropriate steps.
5. What software training have you provided for end-users in the past?
Evaluates the candidate's experience, as well as their insight into the need for such training.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources