IT administrators maintain IT infrastructure and oversee IT staff. They optimize IT system and network performance, implement network protection protocols, and update and configure new hardware and software.
When interviewing IT administrators, look for candidates who demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and the ability to enhance the performance of computer infrastructure. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of advancements in IT administration and those who lack communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for IT Administrators:
1. Can you explain which network security procedures you find highly effective?
Assesses the candidate's knowledge of network protection protocols and their ability to prevent potential threats.
2. Which IT system performance metrics require ongoing monitoring?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge of computer infrastructure and their ability to ensure optimal efficiency.
3. How do you keep abreast of developments in IT administration?
Demonstrates the candidate's ability to keep informed of advancements in IT administration, and their knowledge of applicable resources.
4. Which methods do you recommend to ensure efficient data recovery?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge and experience in data archiving, retrieval, and recovery.
5. Can you describe a major IT administration issue you managed to resolve?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and experience in IT administration, as well as their problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources